6.25.2015

26 weeks

How far along: 26weeks (for my next trick, my bump will shrink. Doesn't it look smaller here than last week??)

Maternity clothes: Survey says... YES!

Stretch marks: Nope. The nurse practitioner told me last week that I'm doing a really good job with my lotioning and she doesn't think they will pop up either.

Sleep: So unfair. I know I'll be up with her multiple times when she gets here.. but why does it have to start now...  wahhhh...

Best moment this week: We went to have our "rescheduled" 3D ultrasound this weekend. I didn't expect her to move around because she's been pretty consistent in keeping herself in a little ball, but she did cooperate and moved a little bit so we could see her pretty face! On the screen at the ultrasound she looked NOTHING like her brother. Her face is longer and her nose is pointier to me. But the more I stare at the pictures, the more I can see a resemblance between her and him. We also had our hospital tour this week and while I was a little nervous about the drive and traffic... It took us an hour and a half to get there... Ouch! Being in the car all that time was NOT fun. Pro tip- smushed bladders do not last very long on car rides. I *almost* had to ask for a potty break! Anyway, we made it and they were nice enough to let us join the tour even though we were late. I asked my questions and I still feel really good about having a plan in place for this birth. The more I think about this baby's upcoming birth, the more I realize that my lack of a plan last time, might have contributed to ending up in an operating room instead of a delivery room. There has been a lot of discussion this time of what-ifs that it makes me feel more solidified in my birth plan this time and staying on course. What kinds of meds do I or don't I want? How long should we labor at home? What if I'm in labor at night? What if I'm in labor during the day? How do I want to labor? I don't think we really thought of all that last time. Sure, we took a birth class last time, but it was more fun and games from what I remember. This time it is legit. I feel like I have some control and I'm praying that's not just an illusion. 
Movement: Yep - she still enjoys her twirls and swirls in there. She's comfortable pretty low. At the ultrasound they mentioned that she was head up and face forward, so those could be little toes or heels kicking me in the cervix. At my Drs appointment a few days later, she princess had turned over and was swatting at the Dr each time she tried to get a good reading on her heart.

Food cravings/aversions: I got nothing. I made the mistake of trying to eat some onions in a greek salad this week thinking that it wouldn't affect me anymore. WRONG! I tasted those onions for the rest of the week. Bad move!

Gender: She's still my princess peanut!

Labor pains: The pains I've been feeling are related to my csection. Even more reason to curse that experience. They said the pain could continue through pregnancy and after while my uterus is going back to normal size. There are special massage techniques if it gets too bad. Also, not painful but... Holy nesting! I'm organizing and cleaning everything. Between having our trip to NJ and 3rd trimester peeking around the corner, I've been super busy. We got Caleb's beds put together and hope to try to transition him soon. I don't want to rush him, but at the same time, I feel the need to do things now.

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: I almost want to say my energy again. I'm starting to feel so tired and that I'm moving so slow again.

What I am looking forward to: NJ in 8 days!! yeaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment