2.24.2012

Room

Room: Another book that was hard to get into and then once I did really get into it, it was hard to put down. Probably not the best choice to read while pregnant, but a good read. I gave it 5 stars on GoodReads and it's possible my perception is skewed because of the little one in my tummy.



It's kind of hard to review the book without telling a little bit about the story. It's told from the perspective of a 5 year old who has lived in one room since he was born with his mother who is being held captive. Midway through they create a plan for escape. The book took such a great approach at telling a heart breaking story where all the details are clear to the reader but not necessarily to the boy which is heartbreaking mostly but also sometimes funny. Jack, the little boy, has such a huge personality for someone who was basically raised knowing only one person in one room. Definitely recommend this one. :)

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVED this book when I read it a few months ago!!!!

    ReplyDelete