4.13.2012

It's your Birth Day

Dear baby,
It feels like I've been waiting for this day to come for my entire life. I can't even explain to you the mix of emotions running through my head and heart as I rub you inside my tummy this morning for the last time. I didn't think I'd miss having you tucked away in there because I've been wishing you would come out for weeks now... But I'm starting to wonder.

I'm so curious to get to know you. To see your baby blue eyes looking up at me. To find out if you really will have hair on your head already like the ultrasound tech said. And of course, your Daddy and I have some guesses on how much you will weigh and how long you'll be. You're so special to us, baby. Every little thing you do. And I hope to show you that when you are here in my arms.

Baby boy, do you know who this is?


These are your Mommys grandparents; PoppiDukes and Nani :) I sometimes wonder if you were able to meet him in heaven before you will come down to us. Do you know that 89 years ago, this day was a Friday and that it is the same day Poppi was born? This is so incredibly special to me because he was an amazing person and someone I feel who still watches over and guides me (and you). When we first found out we were pregnant and you were due in April around his birthday, it really said to me "everything will be okay... This was meant to be." And so it is. I can only hope that sharing this connection with your great grandpoppi will mean you'll have even just a little of his courage, humor, and spirit. There are so many wonderful memories that I have of him... And I can't wait to start making some of our own together.

Rest up, big guy (Lord knows I wish I could!). Today's our big day. There's a big bright beautiful world waiting to meet you here.

Love,
Your momma

1 comment:

  1. annnnnnnnd i'm sitting at my desk reading this after I've seen pictures of Caleb and i'm crying ... <3

    ReplyDelete