4.09.2012

Weekend update- Happy Monday!

What a weekend! I'm going to start with Friday. I made a bunny cake for work which is all too adorable for me not to share here. My mom used to make one with us and although I'm pretty sure she used candy to decorate his cute face, I took the easy way out and just used gel frosting and sprinkles.



The bunny is so easy to make. It's only two round cakes with one for his face and the second you cut the bow from the middle of the cake and voila! Bunny ears. :) The whole pregnancy klutzyness didn't help me while baking though and I dropped one of the round cakes... Grrr. So I made a second round cake and decided to do cupcakes with the rest of the batter :)




Saturday I got up early to finish a tutu for a friends shower. I wish i took pictures before I gave her the tutus because they are pretty stinkin' cute and actually the 3rd and 4th I've made so far. They were for Ms. Natalie, the gal who will be watching Caleb once he's here. I also made a few onesies and a hoodie for her new baby girl. Here are some pics of her opening them :)
Sunday was awesome as well. Although I felt like I only slept about 3 hours total, we got up and went to brunch with a couple of friends and their kids. It was kind of special because we did the same thing with the same group of friends last year except this year we are plus 1 more and 3 more on the way! Wonder what next year will look like!!


So what else did we accomplish... Is the to do list finally done?? Not quite. We did make it out to pick up the rocker (finally!) We did not make it to Ikea. Ugh. And there is no time during the week to go so... Who knows when, if ever we'll get a stand for the TV downstairs.

Little C's Room
-Clean his tub/bathroom- done!
-Dust his shades and vaccum once more
-Fix the bumper (Big C has to do this because my belly is in the way) - done!
-Sew the ribbons on the mobile so it'll hang properly
-Finish my last DIY project for him (I did get started on this... but I ran into a snag... I'm hoping I'll be able to fix it tomorrow night.)
-Last load of baby laundry (towels, washclothes etc.)

Home Cleaning
-The cleaning people are at my house now as I type! Ugh it'll be so nice coming home to a clean house.
-Cleaning out the cabinets (need to make room for some bottles, the formula samples we have etc)
-Would like to clean out the older stuff from the cabinets and make sure there are no crumbs
-Clean out the inside of the fridge and make room for some extra stocking up of groceries
-Wash, dry and iron the couch covers.
-Spot clean whatever is left upstairs on the rug
-Got some petunias from Home Depot and planted them after brunch in the front pot.- done!
-Make copies of keys for Mike and LL to help with walking the dogs. -done!
-Both dogs got a bath... whew! Done!

Baby Stuff
-Need to pick up a bottle drying rack
-Possibly need to pick up the stroller converter bar so we can put his car seat in the stroller
-Install car seat -done!!

Honestly, I'm not too worried about the other stuff because I'm pretty sure Tuesday is going to be my last day at work. Yes, I'm giving in and starting maternity leave just a few days before little C is scheduled to arrive. So long as the Dr. gives me a solid induction date for this weekend, I'm outta there!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that picture of you and Cliff <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you look adorable and have accomplished so much! Happy Maternity Leave! Anxiously awaiting Caleb...

    ReplyDelete