5.26.2011

Thirty before 30: Thursday Update

#5 Here is May's recipe: Stuffed Chicken with Mozzerella and Basil and Sweet Potato Fries.
This turned out to be FANTASTIC and actually kind of easy. I was really looking for a recipe that would pull from all of the herbs in my garden since they are overgrowing and really need to be used. It calls for fresh basil, green onions (scallions), and parsley (hello? Did they write this specifically for me?) The only part I had a hard time with was gently pounding the chicken to 1/4 inch thickness. How does one gently pound a chicken??! I put each peice between wax paper and tried to pound it with a rolling pin and it did flatten, however, the chicken was fraying on the ends... I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen. Still, the recipe turned out delicious and right at my skill level.

I made the sauce, too, even though it's not pictured (my husband doesn't like mushrooms) and it was really good as well! I'm usually terrible with gravys and sauces because they don't thicken for me, or get too thick, but this was perfect. I'll definitely save it for another time to make! The sweet potato fries were insanely easy and taste great. I definitely recommend them for an easy side!

#9 Current mile pace: 12:58 (Although I usually run at least 2 miles in one session, I do it pretty slowly because I like to alternate running and walking, so my goal is to at least get up to doing the first full mile running.)
#10 Gym: Awful. I've only gone twice this month (Tuesday and Thursday this week). Ew. But in my defense, I've only been tracking since mid-month. So, as long as I go on Saturday, I should meet my 3 times a week for this week and hopefully that'll start a good trend for me.
#11 Pushups: 4. That's pretty sad. I've included the link here for the program I'm using that will hopefully get me to at least 50 push-ups in a row. My original goal was set at 100, but hubby doesn't think that's possible. (Thanks for the confidence, hun!) Either way, I plan on starting this week to try and increase my strength!
Situps: I'm starting out with 90 every other night. (30 reg, 30 to the left, and 30 to the right).
Random IPod song:  

1 comment:

  1. YUM-o! That looks a-mazing! I am starved for some sweet potato fries now! Good luck with all your list, I have complete confidence in you!

    ReplyDelete