1.12.2012

26 weeks

How far along: 26 weeks... already? Feels like I just wrote last weeks update...

Maternity clothes: All the time. And yes, it's true, you get tired of that elastic band. Even though it was way more comfortable at first, it's not flattering at all and I still have to wear a tank top over it to keep my pants semi-up and on my body!

Stretch marks: Nothing, but I've noticed that when I get out of the shower my belly is really red and is covered in veins. I'm hoping that's not the start of it.


Sleep: Sucks. Between the humidity in my house (it's been 60's and rainy all week), my dog snoring, I'm sweating, can't roll over, have to pee, my throat is dry. And, I guess this is just the beginning.

Best moment this week: Lots of stuff this week. First, I was having some cramps over the weekend and took a shower to see if that would make me feel better. I laid down on the bed and baby was kicking like crazy (thankfully calming me down from thinking anything was really wrong) but Hubby came over and just starred at my bare belly and SAW baby boy squirming in there. Very cool, but very strange. He's more in charge than me these days. We also found out that my aunts ordered my crib and it's ready to be picked up! We're planning on going to get it this weekend to get a head start on the nursery.

Movement: see above. He's a mover and a shaker.

Food cravings: No demands to speak of. But I've been eating a lot of eggs again - omlettes for dinner and egg salad for lunch.

Food aversions: Same. I can cook the chicken but I won't eat it. And I haven't dared to try chop meat yet.

Gender: My little ray of sunshine and my baby boy. <3

Labor pains: No pains this week. Just the whole sleep drama. I don't know when the RLP disappeared but I just realized I haven't been complaining about it in a while...

Belly Button in or out? In.

What I miss: Wearing a belt.

What I am looking forward to: Nesting. Picking paint for little man's nursery and preparing for his arrival!

Weekly Wisdom: My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it. - Mark Twain

Milestones: Not much has changed in OhBaby's life this week. He's packing on the ounces as he continues to breath little bits of amniotic fluid and memorize mommy and daddy's voices. It's very confusing trying to figure out how big or small he is in there because every website says something different. He's anywhere between 9 and 14 inches long and weighs between 1 lb and 1.8lbs... which is a big difference if you ask me!! I'm becoming more curious to find out where exactly he's laying around inside me. I'm hoping we'll get another ultrasound at the doctor at some point in the 3rd trimester because I'm curious to find out how big his head will be (his daddys was HUGE from what his family says - and his pictures...) and if he's getting into the normal positioning. We also passed the 100 day mark during this week! In less than 98 days, you'll be safe in my arms and no longer in my tummy little guy. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Babycenter. Do you get the weekly updates, etc? You are getting so close to finally seeing Baby Caleb!

    ReplyDelete