1.26.2012

28 weeks

How far along: 28 weeks

Maternity clothes: Nothing else fits!

Stretch marks: Nope. My skin just around my belly button is starting to feel tight, but I still think there's a lot of stretch left in me... even though I'm huge already.

Sleep: As if you can't tell from the picture. I'M BEAT! I haven't slept a full night this week. It's friggen hot again. By hot I mean 60 degrees. I want snow and cold and sleet and freezing rain so I can get some sleep damnnit!!


Best moment this week: Not a lot going on here this week. February is sure to be different though. The nursery unfortunately has to wait until I'm away for my NJ shower (and my baby brothers 21st birthday... yikes!) Hubby is going to paint, pick up the crib and set up everything that we already have while I'm gone. Do you know how hard it is to release the reins on this one? Granted, I've picked everything out and given him specific instructions... But actually letting him and his two buddies do it... Quite another thing.

Movement: All day long. He has started doing flips again. I'm pretty sure I felt a hand/foot up top and there has definitely been more pressure on my bladder the last few days. There was a period where that was all he was doing was turning around. Now he just kind of beats up things in there. It sort of feels like when your belly has a lot of gas and is making a lot of noise... but without the noise and obviously it's not gas. It's a weird feeling.

Food cravings: Nothing new.

Food aversions: Same

Gender: Mamma's boy <3

Labor pains: Nothing to report.

Belly Button in or out? In.

What I miss: Having a full closet to choose from. We're on a 3-5 outfit rotation now.

What I am looking forward to: Actually, labor prep class. We did started last week and it was very interesting. I'm glad we signed up for it. This week looked more into the detail of the pain medicines available and other stress and relaxation techniques. We even watched  a video of a live birth. The class really made me more confidant in my body and what I'm capable of. Of course, I'm going to give it up to God that day and let him lead me though, but I'm hoping that we can do a natural (for the most part) birth.

Milestones: This is supposed to be the point where we start going to the doctor every two weeks... But, not at my doctors... I have another 4 week wait until I hear baby's heart beat again. On Valentines day. :) But apparently baby is weighing in at over 2lbs at this point and 14 inches long.  Over the next few weeks he'll more than triple his weight before coming into this world. I'm not surprised by the length since I feel him on both sides of my belly all the time now. We'll be able to get a close up look at him this weekend in our 3D ultrasound! YAY! Can't wait!

Weekly Wisdom: All I am I owe to my mother. - George Washington

Dear Baby,
We started classes this week to prepare us for what may happen the day your born and a few days prior. I've been keeping pretty close updates on your growth inside, but it seems that there's a whole lot that goes into bringing you to the outside world than I haven't even begun to think about. Mommy and Daddy tried to listen to all of the information the teacher was explaining to us, but we know that anything can happen that day. I want you to know, little guy, that no matter how stressful and chaotic that day might get for you in there, please remember that your Mommy and Daddy can't wait to hold you close and see your beautiful face for the very first time with our tear-filled eyes. We love you so much already and can't wait to get to know you!
Love,
Your mommy

I had to share this song this week. We heard it on the radio a few weeks ago while driving in the car and it gets me excited to meet my little guy every time I hear it!

2 comments:

  1. I can help Cliff if you want. I will wear a mask around the paint {of course} but I can hang curtains/put together crib...stuff like that *if you want* Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way Jose!! I appreciate the offer, but you do not need to be around the paint!! <3

      Delete