1.01.2012

#30 Go out for New Years

There were just a few things stopping this one from being checked off. Mostly, the baby in my belly. :) I'm not complaining, but I did have to figure some other way to "go out" without having to "party," if you will. We had originally made plans to have a nice dinner with another couple we know at Stoney River (one of my favorite restaurants), but sadly we had to cancel plans. I got a call two days before New Years that my of my cousins had passed away suddenly. So, we did go out for New Years this year, but very differently than any other year. We took the 13 hour trip from GA to get back to NJ to be with friends and family.

Although I know 2011 was a year filled with so many wonderful blessings, it is so hard to focus on the happiness we have had this year and to look forward with promise on the new year with it ending/beginning with such a tragic and sudden loss. There are so many memories of my childhood that come flooding back when I start to think about the reality of him no longer being with us. In my heart he will always be the free spirited, carefree memory of holidays and family times together. He had such a bright future ahead with so many directions to go and decisions to be made. But life doesn't always let you make those choices. In the unfairness of it all, I pray for everyone grieving over his untimely passing. May we all find comfort in each other and celebrate the memories made together of happier and better times.

We have so much to celebrate in the coming year and I have to look forward to that. I know of 13 babies so far being born in 2012 including my precious little boy. It's definitely going to be a year for life and living and loving. I'll be turning 30 years old, celebrating our second wedding anniversary, my baby brother is turning 21- oh how time flies. We are planning several trips including a few with little man back home to NJ, weddings, birthdays and his first Florida vacation. I'm excited for what 2012 will hold for my little family and I'm already planning on capturing it all with a photo blog focus once my 30 before 30 is complete. So, bring it on 2012... I've got my game face on and I'm ready for you!

1 comment:

  1. Although - you didn't go out to celebrate the New Year.......you had a great new adventure ~ driving back to NJ with the dogs ~ Plus you got to Ring in the New Year with your Momma & family (& lets not forget 5 dogs in one house)
    Please remember You have another bright star in the night sky to shine upon my beautiful grandson & help get us through this darkness into the bright 2012 you have to look forward to. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete