1.06.2012

Awaken

Awaken: Meh. I wasn't too thrilled about this book. You should stop reading this now if you don't want a spoiler.
The description (and the cover really) drew me in. But it was a little predictable once you understood that technology ruled all. I really didn't like the main character in the beginning, but she grew on me. It seemed like she was so complacent in her existence and that really annoyed me - and all it took was one boy to wake her up? I guess being a 16 year old, that might be all it really does take to start a revolution. There were a lot of things I struggled with. Why would her mother allow her father to cut themselves off from all existence? Why would her mother still try to subliminally give her things from "the old life" but be so devout about the electronic school? How in the world to these people procreate without ever SEEING or TOUCHING one another. And why, if your image is still projected on the big screen do people not wear make up?

There is a second book in the series which comes out this year at some point. Middle Ground. Not that I'm in a rush to read it, but I guess the way the end of the book came to a close has me interested in seeing where they are going to take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment