8.12.2012

12: worst injury ever

Write about the worst injury you've ever had.

I have never broken a bone - except for my second toe on the left foot which is now crooked, but who really counts a toe? The only thing that I injured that could have come close is tearing the ligament in my right ankle when I was about 12 years old. My mother will probably remember this. I was outside with my sister building a snow man and I pulled the sleigh filled with snow on top of myself or slipped or a combination of the two... I wish it was some dramatic story like, "they were throwing me up to the top of the cheerleading pyramid and I slipped and tore my ligament but we still won first place!" But no... It was in the "backyard." In the cold snow. And my mother didn't even believe me when I yelled up to her to tell her I couldn't walk back into the house. My dad had to carry me over his shoulder to the car and from the car into the hospital. I didn't even get a cool cast as they only use an air cast on that type of injury. I was told that it was more painful than breaking a bone and to this day I still can't stretch my foot out as far as the other one. I have to say it was pretty cool to have to walk around school with crutches though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment