8.15.2012

good deeds

What was the last good deed you did for someone/someone did for you?

This topic kind of threw me off... And that's pretty terrible huh? How awful is it that I can't think of a good deed that I've either done, or had done for me recently. I think the reason why I was so taken aback was because I was looking for something like volunteering your time, chasing down a purse snatcher, giving money to the homeless. But I think a lot of little things can count as good deeds, too. Routinely in the morning, I hold the elevator for at least one other person. While I never give money to homeless people on the corner (probably because I doubt they use it for food and more likely for alcohol), I *always* give money to firefighters or police officers with their boots when they collect at intersections. Even if I have to pass through the intersection twice - at least I know that money goes to something good. Those are good deeds right? I bought and donated school supplies to a drive in our office. I mean, it's something little... but every little bit helps right? I do wish I had more time to devote to actually doing good deeds on a regular basis.

A good deed that's been done for me? I have to say I'm VERY thankful for the daycare/sitter set-up I have for Caleb. As much as an adjustment it has been to have to return to work, to have to leave my boy with someone else, I'm glad he's with someone I already know and trust rather than a group of people at daycare with many other babies. He's also around other children (3 months and almost 3 years) but not to the point of having to be nervous that he's going to catch a bunch of germs. She's been so patient and kind with all of the "let's try this" and "what if we did that" to get him used to different bottles and figuring out amounts for his feedings and his crazy no napping to finally a normal napping schedule. She's doing a great deed for us because it not only gives me comfort knowing he's being taken care of, but she isn't charging us an arm and a leg for that comfort. And that's a HUGE good deed to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment